|Yogurt Gelatin Parfait With Raspberries|
Someone might say it really looks like panna cotta, but not! I'm using eggs and real panna cotta doesn't have any eggs in it. Panna cotta is a cooked pudding with yogurt (or cream) and gelatin, thickened, sweetened and chilled in the fridge. And the dessert I'm sharing with you today has raw eggs in it, and it's also chilled and served cold.
2 packs of unflavored gelatin (1/4 oz each)
1 cup water (cold)
3 eggs (egg yolks and egg whites separated)
1 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp powder sugar
4 cups greek strained yogurt
2 cups fresh raspberries
2 tbsp coconut flakes (optional)
- Soak gelatine in water and set a side for a few minutes. Then pour mixture in a pan and set over medium heat, stirring frequently until gelatin is completely dissolved. (Don't let it start to boil) Remove from heat and let it cool down.
- Using electric mixer beat together egg yolks and powder sugar until they get pale and a little frothy. Add vanilla. Add strained yogurt and mix well.
- In a different bowl whip egg whites with regular sugar.
- In a large bowl combine gelatin mixture and yogurt-egg yolk-sugar mixture. Then fold in egg whites. Add about 1 1/5 cups fresh raspberries, leaving 1/2 cup for decorating the top of the parfait. (Feel free to add other fresh fruit of your choice).
- Pour mixture in a previously rinsed with cold water springform pan.
- Decorate with fresh raspberries and coconut flakes on top. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for at least 6 hours to set.
- Cut a piece and enjoy!